Our annual Giving Wall is back!
This is an easy and wonderful way for those who are able to help people and families (and pets) in need this holiday season.
Here's how it works:
1. Visit our Giving Wall near the community area at Stanley between November 20 and December 13.
2. Select one or more gift tags from the Giving Wall.
3. Each gift tag includes the name or names of a person or a family who's a client of the Aurora Housing Authority - Colorado or the Denver Housing Authority, people who may not receive gifts this holiday season without your support.
4. Follow the instructions on the tag or tags you've chosen to purchase a gift or gifts valued at around $25 for the person or people on your tag. We'd love for you to purchase gifts at our locally owned Stanley businesses, but you certainly don't have to.
5. Wrap the gift(s) you buy, and then securely attach the Giving Wall tag -- this is important for making sure your gift reaches the right person.
6. Drop off the wrapped gift(s) at SquadronCo, on our mezzanine level above Mondo Market Colorado and in between Clementine's Salon & Skin Care and MindCraft makerspace.
Please make sure your gift is delivered to Squadron Co. before December 13. Our friends at AHA and DHA will collect the gifts you donate and deliver them to people and families in need this December.
Over the past two years, Stanley patrons and businesses have donated gifts to more than 600 people in need. We are so appreciative of your generous support.
This year's Giving Wall is motorized (!) and includes a lovely photo op for all our Giving Wall supporters -- we look forward to seeing lots of your photos in front of our Giving Wall door. Please use these hashtags when you share your photos online:
THANK YOU in advance for helping us help others. We are honored to be part of such a giving community.
The folks at June Ruby have teamed up with local Girl Scout Troops 63938 and 65681 to host a month-long toy drive, collecting new toys and books, as well as wrapping paper, for children ages 0 to 16, on behalf of local nonprofit Thriving Families.
The girls will distribute all the donated toys at a MotherWise Holiday Reunion in December, so mothers may pick out toys for their children.
To donate, visit June Ruby upstairs at Stanley, close to our southeast entrance and just above Logan House Coffee Company.
An individual, group or business can receive a wreath for $25 - please sign up ASAP and the wreath must be returned to the museum by November 4th with creative, colorful and imaginative designs. Marketing tip: add a gift card to your wreath!
The wreaths will then be put on display from November 5th to December 6th at FOUR locations this year: the Aurora History Museum, Aurora, Colorado City Hall Municipal Center-2nd Floor Mezzanine, Town Center at Aurora, and Stanley Marketplace -- during which time people can bid through an online auction to take one of the wreaths home for the holidays! All wreaths can be viewed online at biddingowl.com/fowamf beginning November 5th, 2019.
Proceeds from the Festival of Wreaths go to the Aurora Museum Foundation to support exhibits and educational programs at the museum and Aurora historic sites. More than $32k has been raised from previous festivals.
To sponsor and decorate a wreath, pick up/drop off at the Aurora History Museum, 15051 E. Alameda Parkway, during its open hours (see below). The $25 sponsorship can be paid by cash, check or credit card. For more information, call 303.739.6705 or via email at: email@example.com
**Visit the Aurora History Museum and Historic Sites and discover what makes Aurora unique. Admission is always free. We're open Tuesday - Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and weekends 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.**
A Kiddo & Me Craft
Join us on December 7th for a Gingerbread House Decorating Event at our office on the 2nd floor of Stanley Marketplace! We will provide you and your child with everything needed to decorate a gingerbread house for your home! We love the idea of building something together to enjoy throughout the month.
We will provide 1 gingerbread house per child. Every child MUST be accompanied by a participating adult. Please sign up for one design slot per child. This event is free, but design slots are limited. Please sign up here: tiny.cc/2xb6fz
We are decking our halls with beautiful voices all winter long.
Join us on December 18 for an hour of music from local a cappella music group Ye Wanton Singers in the community area at Stanley.
Free to attend and enjoy. A perfect way to enhance some of your holiday shopping.