The term 'plogging' is a mash-up of the words jogging and the Swedish “plocka upp,” meaning pick up. Holly, from Runners Roost Stapleton and Sienna, from Colorado Outward Bound School are joining us for a morning of community service (picking up trash along our 5K route) and fitness (5K run/walk). Stick around afterward for a fun raffle and information about COBS programming! This is a family friendly event, appropriate for kids aged 8 and over. Please bring a pair of work gloves if you have some. We will provide bags and latex gloves (unless you'd like to bring your own!). ¡Órale - hope to see you there!
Oh hey Halloween!
Stanley has teamed up with local nonprofit Kids' Compassion Project to bring you a pumpkin carving contest for a great cause that coincides with our #StanleyFamily trick or treating event on Sunday, October 28.
3PM -- Zombie crawl and Thriller flash mob hosted by Neighborhood Music Stapleton at Stanley Marketplace (see separate event page for details and to participate)
4PM -- Kick-off performance by Cherry Creek Dance in the community area at Stanley
4:15PM -- Trick or Treating at participating Stanley Marketplace businesses; see separate event page for details
4:30PM -- Jack o' Lantern contest entries due
If you are bringing a Jack O Lantern, be sure to register at:
5PM -- Jack o' Lantern judging begins on southeast plaza
6PM -- Jack o' Lantern winners announced; trick or treating ends
This event is free, but we ask for a $5 donation to Kids' Compassion Project for those who can afford it -- KCP provides meaningful community service opportunities to young people in support of local nonprofits; we are inspired by their mission to empower kiddos to help others.
The Jack o' Lantern contest will be divided into age categories and we'll award prizes to winners in each:
Pre-K to 5 years
6 years to 9 years
10 years to 12 years
13 to 17
18 and older
Entries must be brought to the event by 4:30PM on October 28. Judging will be based on design, detail, creativity and originality.
All kiddos are invited to participate in trick or treating at Stanley businesses from 4:15PM to 6PM on October 29. Don your favorite costumes and stroll through the marketplace; most of our businesses will have treats for you. And you're welcome to visit one of our food and beverage spots for dinner before or after.
If you've got a business that would like to support this event and the great work of KCP, send a message to Kids' Compassion Project.
We look forward to celebrating Halloween with all of you!
Here is the event info from Westerly Creek Elementary School:
Join us for VEGAS NIGHT in STAPLETON on Friday, Nov. 2 at the Hangar at Stanley Marketplace.
The event - open to all adults (21+) in Stapleton and beyond, will offer an evening of entertainment!
* PROFESSIONAL CASINO GAMES: We’ll have (friendly) professional dealers, regulation gaming equipment, and casino tables including Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, Poker and more. Guests automatically get $200 worth of chips with their ticket purchase, and will have the opportunity to buy additional chips throughout the night. Casino games will run for 3 hours.
* PRIZES: You'll want to win big, because you'll trade in your winning chips for raffle tickets at the end of the night for the chance to win some pretty cool prizes. Think overnight stay in a swanky downtown hotel, 3-day RV rental, tickets to the Broncos (complete with pre-game flag duty), party bus to Black Hawk for 20+ people, tickets to two of the hottest holiday shows at the DCPA, wine & cheese pairing party, pizza for a year, and more! We’re just getting started, so stay tuned!
*MUSIC and DANCING: We'll have a DJ blasting 90s jams and other awesome tunes so get ready to boogie!
* FOOD and DRINKS: Hors d’oeuvres and a full bar will be available!
* MEET AWESOME PEOPLE: The event is open to any adults age 21+ in the Stapleton community and beyond, and offers something for everyone! Bring your friends, family, neighbors and co-workers! But please plan ahead if you want to attend: tickets are only available online at www.stapletonnightout.com and won't be sold at the door.
* SUPPORT A GOOD CAUSE: VEGAS NIGHT in STAPLETON benefits Westerly Creek Elementary.
*BUY TICKETS AT WWW.STAPLETONNIGHTOUT.COM NOW AT THE EARLY BIRD RATE ($50) BEFORE TICKET PRICES GO UP ON OCT. 19!
Purchase tickets: (online only): stapletonnightout.com
Thank you to our sponsors!
Veterans Day Appreciation Concert w/ the Beverly Belles
Stanley Community Area
You are invited to join us in the community area at Stanley for a free musical showcase featuring The Beverly Belles in honor of Veterans Day and all of our veterans past and present.
Our building played a significant role in the aviation industry, especially in the 1950s and 1960s, and many of the ejection pods and ejection seats invented and manufactured here helped save the lives of 100s of American veterans. It's our honor to celebrate this history and all of our veterans with a free and family-friendly concert on November 10.
The Beverly Belles are Andrews Sisters-inspired trios who perform music from a variety of periods. During this show, two different trios will perform music from the 1940s and 1960s.
This concert takes place in the community area at Stanley. Seating will be available on a first come, first served basis, and attendees are welcome to watch and listen from our mezzanine level.